Friday, May 18, 2012

my Roberta





I love Roberta di Camerino,I love her bags!!!
The vintage ones are still inspiring new models.The style hasn't changed much,just evolved.
The new models still have the beautiful colours and the funny mood,remaining very elegant and delicate.
I prefer the velours ones,but leather is more practical!
Here are some very romantic vintage models.

Laura Bath



taravintage




And last my own ones.
I bought the blue one  few years ago in Sicily at a vintage shopin Palermo.Unfortunately that shop doesn't exist anymore.It was a sort of charity shop,being situated next to a church..
The pink one belongs to my mum.She didn't wear it anymore,and knowing my passion for vintage purses,she let me have it(well.. actually I just took it, barely asking her).












Sicily

When I "stole" this bag from my mum's draw,i found some treasures inside:an old postcard of Palermo(Sicily) and some vintage photoes.
There was my mum in her chic outfits.She looked so elegant,i've always admired her style,evolving with fashion changes. My granma ,which happened to be a certain Antonietta(that's where this blog take his name from), was a professional seamstress,and made all clothes for her 5 (five!!)children,including my mum. So, as soon as she earned some money, she bought her clothes from nice shops ,or had them made from professional sewers who were not her mum.
Thanks to that love for good clothes, she was able to pass some of her very well made pieces to me and my sister.
I love to take inspirations from the pictures of her and her family.
Thanks mum.
my lovely mum
IT:
Mi sono sempre piaciute le borse di Roberta di Camerino, sia quelle vintage,soprattutto in velluto, che i nuovi modelli.
I colori sono sempre stupendi, e mantengono sempre un'aria romantica e moderna.
(le immagini delle borse vintage sono prese dal blog di Laura Bath e dal sito Taravintage)
Le "mie Roberta" invece sono quella blu e quella rosa.Ho comprato la blu in un negozio di Palermo,che è chiuso da anni.Quella rosa è un regalo di mia madre.E' una sua borsa che lei non usa più. All'inteno c'erano una cartolina di Palermo negli anni '60,ed alcune foto di mia madre,sempre di quegli anni.
Era bellissima e sempre elegante. Mia nonna Antonietta (da cui il nome del blog) era una sarta e cuciva gli abiti per i suoi 5 figli. Appena mia mamma ha comprato i suoi abiti in bei negozi o li ha fatti fare du misura da sati(non sua mamma) ed alcuni di quegli abiti,di ottima fattura, sono ora passati a me ed a mia sorella.

No comments:

Post a Comment